Open Call for application, artists-in-residence 2015
Admin | On 30, Oct 2014
BAC focuses on promoting young artists and change makers by providing them space to produce their artworks and platform of exchange and discussion for flourishing their talent on an international basis. We highly recommend you look FAQ before making application.
AIR at BAC
BAC offers two seasons residency through out the year! Each season consists three months studio works and open studio at the end. The open studio could be in a form of formal exhibition/ performance or any kind of display. Through out the residency program, the artists will also be engaged in different cultural social activities, interactions, workshops, presentations etc.
1st season: March ~ May 2015
2nd season: August ~ October 2015
Before you make application for AIR at BAC
- The selected artists will have to arrive BAC at the first week of residency program and leave after the open studio.
- The artists will have to spend their most time at BAC producing their artworks and engaged in activities scheduled by BAC.
- Once your application gets selected, you will not retrain or drop to participate in the residency; be aware that your wrong decision may affect to an opportunity to another artist . So, please make sure before making application that you can manage your time for preferred season and you will not withdraw after all.
- The artists will have to conduct a workshop or presentation to local community; community could be local neighborhood, schools, group of local artists etc.
- Even though there is no age limitation to become an AIR at BAC, emerging young artists (below 35) will be given priority.
- We normally ask artists to donate a piece of their work created during the residency period.
Projects we accept:
We encourage applications for a wide range of projects from diverse group of artists that could allow them to connect to the public through their project. We are open to proposals for all phases of project, from initial concept to full production.
Performance art, multimedia, film/ videos, photography, installation, sound and experimental music, fine art, painting, sculpture, printmaking and any other form of visual art. We also welcome writers, curators and researchers.
Any artist working in any form of visual arts is eligible to apply. We welcome great diversity in our applicants’ nationality, age, and discipline. Applications are open to individuals or interdisciplinary teams.
What we offer:
Most often, our major contribution is time and space. In this scenario, the residency primarily supports the development of a project in a focused environment along with simple sharing studio space. Depending on the nature of the art work, the working space can be outdoor open space/ garden and the gallery space with tables.
We do not have a confined studio room, however we are under construction to build a simple and separate studio space for the artists in near future.
All the artists will be responsible for their visa, travel cost, lodge and food, art materials cost, local transportation cost, phone and electronics, health and accident insurance etc.
BAC do not provide accommodation facilities, artists are free to find on their own. However on request we help artists to find good accommodation in neighbourhood of BAC.
How to apply?
All the artists should submit the following information
- A proposal/outline of project that artist wants accomplish during the period of residency.
- A motivation letter, ‘Proposals should address the applicant’s reasons for wanting to undertake the studio residency and an outline of their project’
- A complete artist’s portfolio including brief biography/ resume
- A copy of passport for foreign applicants.
It is mandatory for the artists to display their work upon completion at the end of the residency program to the local community for which the space shall be provided by the center. The nature of display can be exhibition, presentation, performance, workshop, slide show talk program etc.
Deadline for submission:
The 1st season application will be closed by the end of January 2015 and the 2nd season application will be closed by the end of June 2015.